LINKS REGARDING THE IDOL STRUCTURES EXHIBITION, 2015
Amy Haddad for Sculpture Magazine – Link to excerpt, full text in print version (Jan/Feb issue).
• James Yood, ArtForum, September, 2006, p. 380.
• Elena Vozmediano, Matt Siber, ojo al logo, El Cultural (El Mundo), July 6-12, 2006, p.32. (Spain)
• Francisco Carpio, Una Nueva Religion, ABCD, July 8-14, 2006, p.29. (Spain)
• Alan G. Artner, Chicago Tribune, May 26, 2006, p.21.
• Michael Workman, Flash Art International, March-April 2004, p.109.
• Michael Workman, New City Chicago, December, 16, 2003.
- Rod Slemmons, Director, Museum of Contemporary Photography – Exhibition text for December 2003 solo exhibition at Peter Miller Gallery.
- Nate Larson, Artist/Professor – Catalog essay for the 2006 solo exhibition at Elgin Community College in Elgin, Illinois.
- Michael Weinstein, Philosopher/Professor/Musician/Critic—Exhibition text for Signs, Buildings and Cars: New Chicago Photography at The Vermont Center for Photography in February 2007.
ESSAYS BY MATT SIBER
Visual Literacy in the public space, Visual Communication, February, 2005, v. 4, n. 1, SAGE Publications.
An essay written by Siber to accompany the publication of several images from The Untitled Project. The essay analyzes and categorizes the various voices present in the public space by using the images as evidence and examples.
This article is available as a PDF file at the following link. The essay is the first one on the list.
THE INDEPENDENT SUNDAY REVIEW – London, UK.
Sept. 26, Oct. 3, 10, 17, 2010
Interview published with images over four issues.
PHOTO WORLD – Beijing, China.
Several images published with interview (Chinese language).
CREATIVE REVIEW – London, UK.
Small monograph published of Floating Logos series with text.
IT’S NICE THAT – Guest Blogger
DAYLIGHT MAGAZINE – Guest Blogger
Five-entry guest blog.
Proliferation of the Image, CHICAGO CITY ARTS REVIEW – January 2007
An online interview with Matt McDermott for the Chicago-based arts website.